Re: Stinky AC

From: Matt Thar (henryrollins@springmail.com)
Date: Mon Jun 25 2001 - 12:16:05 EDT

Hello,
Sorry to here about your stinky A/C Promblem. It is common in all cars not just this one. The problem comes from mildew build up in the Evap box. It can be very easy to fix or hard. The Frist thing I suggest is to not use the rec. only use the fresh air ducting. Then with the A/C turned on park the truck outside in the full sunlight and start the truck and turn the heater in full blast for about 10 or 15 min. I would make sure that you get all your CD's and stuff out cause you are going to get the inside of your truck hot. This heat will cause the mildew to die. This is a clean way to slove your problem. They also make stuff called frige freash and you spray it down your freash air duct when the AC is running and it will kill the mildew as well. I do not like using this stuff because it has a smell stronger then the mildew. If those do not work GM sells a product that you spray direcly on the evap. but you have to pull the evap out to do it and that is alot of work.

Thanks
Matt Tharp