Fixed

From: Ray Sulich (ray.sulich@snet.net)
Date: Mon Jun 25 2001 - 17:33:50 EDT

As I said in a previous message, my truck was overheating at idle after
operating normally on the highway. I replaced the thermostat with no
change to the problem. I suspected a bad water pump. I pulled the
radiator finding alot of dirt between the transmission cooler and
radiator. The radiator was also dirty. I took the radiator to a radiator
shop and after one look inside they pronounced it shot. I went elsewhere
and got a new replacement for $180. I pulled the water pump (I was there
anyway) and it looked fine. I put it back in and also replaced the bypass
hose. I also found the REAL cause of the whole thing. The fan clutch was
shot. I dropped down another $90 and put everything back together. The
fan really turns now.... the engine really sounds like a V-8 now. The
truck runs very cool now, and it shifts MUCH smoother.