RE: 92 light champange touchup woes

From: David Medeiros (orange383@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Jun 25 2001 - 20:59:42 EDT

Right off hand I can't remember the colors, but I'm guessing the blue is a
solid color and the champagne is a metallic. Solid colors come out the
same no matter how they are applied. Metallic colors, even out of the same
mix, can come out different depending on how they are applied. Since cars
are sprayed at the factory, applying paint with a brush can make a huge
difference. Mainly metallic sagging. Also, touch-up paints are generic
and do not always match the oem finish, even when purchased from a dealer.
They are a cheap fix and do not take into account color variants. Hope
this helps.

David