Re: This could be bad

From: Anthony_Gonatas@ars.aon.com
Date: Tue Jun 26 2001 - 15:57:41 EDT

Yes, 160 psi does seem somewhat low. When I had my old 1978 Dodge Power Wagon, I
tested each cylinder. They all came up around 180-185psi on a 90k motor, that
was about 8 years ago. Nice old 5.9L :) I hope my new 3k 5.9L in my R/T will be
just as good! After that I owned a 1987 GTA with a L98 5.7L, it only pumped out
125psi up too 155psi? I can't remember but the back cylinders had less pressure
than the front ones. It only had around 80k at the time, goes to show you GM
engines are just somewhat better than FORD. LOL! The Ford I had blew! I didn't
build the second motor it had, but they brother said it was a 400block with 351
Windsor heads? At least that one didn't blow! I don't know crap about Ford but
dam it sucked gas! Two gas tanks, 8mpg! After the A/C froze I gave it back to my
Family! No thanks, no Fords for me ever again!

What prompted you to check the pressure? Is it running badly, burning oil, oil
deposits on the plugs, loss in power? I not sure why the rear ones go out first,
more heat in the rear of the engine causes accelerated wear in the rear
cylinders?

"Doug Myers" <dougmyers@starpower.net> on 06/26/2001 11:53:19 AM

Please respond to dakota-truck@buffnet.net