RE: RE: Trade my Dakota??

From: Shawn Bowen (Shawn@bowen.com)
Date: Tue Jun 26 2001 - 19:18:53 EDT

Will, I might add that I went the other route. I had a 98 Eddie Bower
Expedition with 54,000 miles on it and ditched it for a 98 Dak 5.2L 4x4 CC
with 40,000 miles. I chose this route for several reasons, one being the
affordability of the Dak (well, the Gas mileage sucks on the 5.2 / 5.9 but
other than that). The Dak looks better to me, drives like a truck, more
roomy than any other midsize and yet is smaller than the full sizes. I grew
up driving K5 blazers, several of them (Get my point). The interiors suck
except on the brand new Fords and Expeditions, yet the Durango is STILL
nicer in my mind. If I wanted a $45,000 luxury car then that is what I
would buy, a car. No way in hell would I spend $45,000 on another truck
(Expedition was bad enough, nice but WAY to $$$!).

To tell you the truth I wouldn't mind buying a POS 96ish Neon and making it
nice as shit performance wise, tow IT to the track with the Blown Dak.
Hindsight is 20/20, $10-12,000 in the Neon and you've got an easy 11 Second,
Dial a boost Turbo, and very economical car. I'd love putting around in
sleep mode with a car like that!

Shawn
98 5.2L 4x4 CC
PowerDyne, bla, bla