Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Trade my Dakota??

From: steve preston (steve239dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jun 26 2001 - 22:32:34 EDT

About the tank size,mine has the 15 gallon,and it
seems like the mileage is poor,but I have never done
the math to verify it.I`m sure it would seem better
with the 22 gallon as far as less movement of the
guage over time. (That`s what I meant.) I
would,however,much rather pay for a full tank of gas
with my small gas tank! So I guess it evens out.
Steve P.
--- Jon Smith <jon@fast4x4.net> wrote:
> tank size has no affect on mileage (except to a
> minute degree of toting a
> bit extra weight of gas). Show me a v6 dak that
> gets 15mpg and I'll show
> you how to get an extra 5mpg. Like I said,
> something aint right in that
> truck if it's getting that kind of mileage.
>

> On 2001.06.26 21:03 steve preston wrote:
> > That`s comparing an engine that gets good mileage
> for
> > it`s power with one that gets relatively poor
> mileage
> > for it`s power.Only comparisons between same
> > generation Daks,same setup,with different
> > engines/transmissions really make any
> > difference.Also,a lot of V6 Daks have the 15
> gallon
> > tank,which makes it seem worse.
>
> --
> Jon Smith
> Raleigh, NC
> www.fast4x4.net
> '94 CC 4x4 318
> 344rwhp/424rwtq

=====
Steve Preston 1999 Dakota Sport 3.9V6,4x4,3.92 Anti-spin,42RE auto,Intense Blue,regular cab.