Re: Re: Trade my Dakota??

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jun 27 2001 - 01:51:39 EDT

----Original Message Follows----
From: chris@slowcar.net

That's quote a few miles - tranny probably already needs a rebuilt
and I wouldn't give the motor much over 200k miles.

Tranny blew first gear clutch/bands at 142,769 miles. Was "built" very well
immediately after that.Truck has the GM auxilary tranny ccoler, and
fluid/filter has been/is changed every 4th oil change(12,000 mi)

If you are interested in performance the suburban is just too heavy -
unless you build a motor that's not streetable - but then the suburban's
pointless.

I could care less about "performance" Heck, I drive the truck I've got now
like grandma! That's really not an issue for me.

If you just want something that you can make look nice and will haul
around a bunch of people/stuff and tow well, as well as having a
potential to be "peppy" it's a fine vehicle.

Towing would be a big deal for me, but the truck is well equipped for it. 3
rows of leather seats couldn't be too bad for people hauling,huh?

Also I don't believe Z-71 was a factory option on suburban's -
in 1996 at least.

That's what I thought, too! But, the truck was ordered new coded RPO Z71 and
when we got it it had the Bilstein shocks, skidplates and "jounce bumpers"
on it. The decals were in a GM box in the truck. It is-to the best of my
knowledge- a factory RPO Z71 '96 Suburban! Thanks for your thoughts, Chris.
It actually worked out better for me as I am keeping my truck and the '96
Suburban!

Chris Bennight
http://www.slowcar.net
66 Charger for sale