For 4.7 Owners with z-tube and flow-pro filter

From: Paul Macey (pmacey@ans.net)
Date: Wed Jun 27 2001 - 08:26:47 EDT

'When too big might be bad'!

Ok, just installed the IntensePerformance z-tube with their new FLOW-PRO
filter, 9 inches, looks like a big mouth.

Think I got a too big of a filter..it sticks out almost all the way to the
grill but the left half of it is being blocked by some piece of engine
component, looks like a big heat sink (ok, so what is that piece?).

The right half is up against where the rubber flap in the grill used to
be, so cold air is getting into the filter.

Should I send this filter back and get a 7 inch filter? The sides of the
filter have free airflow, and looking inside the front of the filter shows
a cylinder type shape, perhaps there is still enough airflow in the front
to work as advertised?

BTW, gotta love the sound of a z-tube and flowmaster catback during WOT!