Re: Check Engine Light Came On Today

From: David D. (dodgedakotaquadcab@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jun 27 2001 - 17:22:54 EDT

Ok..Took my Dak to the dealer yesterday.The hose under the truck(by the gas
tank) was loose,but still on the hose.I tightened it.The gas cap appeared to
be the culprit,but not sure yet.

Also,the gas cap & the filler tube had rust in it.We replaced the cap with a
new one from a 2001 Dak,and removed the rust.

According to the dealer,the 2000 Dak fuel cap is a one of a kind,but a 2001
taken from a Dakota fit fine..

The mechanic also tried to download the flash program from DC,but it kept
crashing..I go back in on 7/5 to have my rotors replaced,coolant done,tranny
fluid/filter..