Re: Lifters

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Thu Jun 28 2001 - 10:06:38 EDT

I used my fingers also. 3 of them were "stuck" and I got two of them out
by adding a few drops of Marvel Mystery Oil and manipulating them up/down
until they came out. The last one was stubborn and wouldn't come out that
way but it pushed down and out w/no problems. Of course - you have to have
no cam to remove from the bottom of the lifter bores. I was changing the
cam anyway so it wasn't an issue - until I dropped it. Then I was lucky
again that I had the oil pan off as well 8).

Latr,

Shane

--
'96
IndyRam-HisIndy-MPI/TB/Pulleys/AccelCoil/MPComp/HookerSuperComps/CompTAs