Re: Speaking of speakers...

From: Mike Styer (m_styer@go.com)
Date: Thu Jun 28 2001 - 13:37:02 EDT

Hey Andy,

I have Pioneer Premier 6-1/2"s and 5x7"s in my truck, along with the two Pioneer 10"s. I got them because they were on the wall at the electronic store and I could hear how they sounded first. They just sounded right to me. They are all the 2-way speakers, and they sound good even when I don't have the subs in the truck. I run them off my Premier 40x4 deck, no problem. I really like them and they just replaced the factory coffee filters. Cost wise, I think it was $80 for each pair...

I am also helping a buddy design design a system for his Cavalier, and weare looking at theJBL 6-1/2" component set. I was able to listen to them at another audio store and they sound very nice. Probably not audiophile nice, but I dont go that way. The bass was clear and the highs were crystal. And it is the cheapest component set I have seen recently ($79 from Crutchfield).

I am moving by the end of July, but if you want some help installing stuff or running the lines for a future amp, let me know...

Mike Styer
www.geocities.com/geek_farm/