Re: Solid roller setup

From: chris@slowcar.net
Date: Thu Jun 28 2001 - 15:04:53 EDT

You get a MUCH quicker lobe ramp than with a hydraulic roller.
For equivalent shift points / lsa a solid roller will idle MUCH better,
and make more torque across the board (so more hp also).

when setting rockers you don't have to worry about finding zero lash,
lifter pre-load, pump down, etc. Just tighten down the rockers untill
you achieve a certain lash (using a feeler guage).

Disadvantage:
You need to check the lash every 8-10k under normal use
If you go with big lift (0.6+) you will need to start worrying about
spring lifetime - under that though and you are fine.

you need new cam, lifters, and springs. Probably want adjustable
rockers, though you could try and set up tip height correctly with
non-adjustables - though I wouldn't use the stockers.

Chris Bennight