Gen II a/c blower acting up

From: A. S. (adakota4x4@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jun 28 2001 - 23:22:33 EDT

Got a problem that just started happening a week or so ago. I'm riding down
the road with the a/c on. The temp. select slide is over on the
recirculation part (far left on the Gen 2's). I have the far left button
pressed...dash vents only....and the blower on the second level. Everything
works fine, then all of the sudden the strength of the air coming out begins
to fade until nothing is coming out of the vents. I turn down the radio and
it sounds as if it has automatically switched to defrost (blowing out by the
windshield). I press all the buttons, slide the temp., work the blower
speed....and then all of the sudden it will finally work again. BTW:
pressing each button does not change things....it won't change to anything
but defrost. It only lasts about 30 seconds to a minute before it blows out
of the dash vents again. This probably occurs 5-10 times in a 40 minute
drive but not everytime I drive the truck. It will occur with or without
the a/c on....and I'm pretty sure with or without the temp slide in the
recirculation position. Any help???? Sorry for the long post...wanted to
get all the facts out for the best diagnosis.
Thanks!!
--Aaron--
95 DSRC 4x4 V6
www.geocities.com/adakota4x4_95/
P.S...for you V8 guys...it's not because my V6 is so weak that it's taking a
break from blowing air just to have the power to get down the road. :)