Re: Has Anyone put a NV4500 in a Dakota?

From: miggitymike (miggitymike@fast4x4.net)
Date: Thu Jun 28 2001 - 19:37:57 EDT

>>I know it will use the same flywheel if I interannly balance the new
motor,
probably uses the same shifter hole, uses the same crossmember.
Not sure if I need a different rear tranny mount, slave cylinder, or if I
have to cut the drive shaft.<<

from what I understand, the 4500 is bigger all around than the 3500, and
has lots more reciprocating weight. I debated doing this, but decided it
wouldn't be worth the effort (and my truck started as an auto anyway, so
more work for me). Everything lines up the same, shifter etc... but it's
bigger and heavier and may require some fabbin' of crossmembers,
driveshafts, and mounts. JUst be weary.... but hey, the coolest things is
the being the first guy to do it =)

-miggity