re: Fog lights

From: J. Courtenay Brandon (jcbrandon@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jun 28 2001 - 19:57:38 EDT

"I know that this has been brought up here many times
before, but I have the question now. I have factory
foglights in my gen III, One went out the other day,
and if I am going to replace, I might as well upgrade.
What are my options for more light?"

I've been very happy with simple replacement bulbs
from AutoOptics:
http://www.autooptiks.com/

I got the 50w high output gold dichronics for $25 the
pair. Huge improvement over stock bulbs and just a
five-minute swap. I've got about 8 months and more
than 11,000 miles on them with no problems at all.
They were most useful coming out of the desert in
Death Valley last winter and this past weekend on a
night trail ride in the Sierra. They throw out enough
light so that I could turn off my headlights and avoid
blinding the driver in front of me.

cheers,

-J.

-J.