RE: MSD

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Sat Jun 30 2001 - 23:18:39 EDT

I'm running my truck with the MSD 6A disconnected right now. I'm still
running the Blaster SS coil, but the factory ignition is triggering it. The
jury has a long way to go before turning in a verdict, but right now I'd
have to say I can tell no difference. The truck still starts very easy and
the idle is just as smooth. My butt is telling me that MAYBE the top end is
VERY SLIGHTLY stronger without the 6A hooked up. I'm going to put a couple
of hundred miles on the truck before I hook the 6A back up to see what if
any seat of the pants difference I can tell. I don't have the cash to hit
the dyno just for this, so others will have to do it for those less
fortunate of us :)

John
98 Dad 4X4 CC Sport, 5.2L, Auto, Mopar headers and computer, F&B TB, Gibson
cat back, Intense Performance intake, MSD 6A (disconnected) and Blaster SS
coil, Black Magic fan