RE: MSD

From: Jon Smith (jon@fast4x4.net)
Date: Sun Jul 01 2001 - 09:48:47 EDT

Absolutely, no two engines are going to 'react' to mods in the same
fashion. Example: Terry Herrin picked up 10-12(??) hp with his MSD 6a,
whereas I picked up only 4hp with a Digital 6+, at the same time my motor
is more heavily modded (cam/heads) than his so it conceiveably *should*
need the upgraded ignition more...

This debate went on long before I ever bought one, I remember this thread
since my first few weeks on the DML, 3 years ago.. bottom line, it works
for some, doesn't work as well for others. At the same time I think the
vast majority of folks experienced better trottle response and a smoother
idle.

--
   Jon Smith