Re[2]:A/C problem

From: ABeerCan@aol.com
Date: Sun Jul 01 2001 - 15:15:46 EDT

In a message dated 7/1/01 2:00:20 PM Central Daylight Time, jwenum@hiroad.net
writes:

<< If you don't have access to press. gauges for A/C feel the 2 hoses going
 into the heater core..One should be fairly hot and the other a lot
 cooler...w/o any press. readings&age of vehicle,I'd say your hot water
 valve/door isn't turning off when you go to 'cold" temp. The a/c can't
 overcome hot water flowing thru the heater core..Try pinching off one of
 the water hoses going into htr. core&see if that does the trick.If it
 does you found the problem. >>

Only one problem with this idea, not all the Dakotas have these valves. I am
not sure what year they started the idea, my 88 had a valve, but my 96 does
not have the hot water shutoff valve. My 96 relies upon a trap door that
shifts between the heater core and the evap under the dash. Anyone know what
year they started this idea??

The other Will