Powerdyne supercharger belt broke...OOPS!

From: DICEMAN469@aol.com
Date: Sun Jul 01 2001 - 16:15:52 EDT

10523 In a message dated 7/1/2001 12:08:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
bernd@texas.net writes:

> They'll know if you swapped out the pulley Tim. There's a sealer that
> they use on the factory pulley and if it's broken, no more warranty. It
> runs about $450 for a complete rebuild of the Powerdyne (Impeller
> included).

Not true, I sent back my old POS blower twice, all I did was change the
pulley back and I got no problems from them. As a matter of fact, the second
time I concinced them to give me a replacement blower. Just removed the 11psi
and bolted the 9psi on. If you want to make it a little more believable, I'd
paint the original pulley to match the truck, then tell them you had to
remove the pulley to paint it, if any questions arise. You confirmed that you
removed it, and they can't prove you changed it :-)

-Austin
Vipertruck

PS...the first thing I'd do when you get that charger back is sell it on ebay
and use the money you got to buy a better head unit. I'd do that myself if I
had the time. After 3 services and a new blower since Dec99, I'm thoroughly
convinced these things are garbage. No wonder this is the only blower Turd
Motorsports sells :-)

-Austin
Vipertruck