Bernd (or anyone) - ? about IAT Box...

From: Aajaynefour@cs.com
Date: Mon Jul 02 2001 - 13:48:21 EDT

Well, I finally got around to installing it yesterday and I am pleased with
performance gains :) However, I have a couple of questions.

1.) If OBD II is in closed loop and is getting all of it's computer input
from the O2 sensors, the how does the IAT sensor (or driver adjusted pot)
have an effect on the fuel system? Does the computer still receive some
input from the IAT in closed loop?

2.) Do the temp. to dial settings you gave with the instruction sheet
indicate the ambient (outside) temp. or the temp inside the intake manifold.
If it 80 degrees outside and I set the dial at 12 o'clock, for example, is
the computer going to think it is 50-52 degrees outside? Would it be better
to set it at an even cooler setting?

Just trying to get some sense of how to set this device for maximum gain
without the benefit of dyno testing and or track times.

Thanks
Andrew