Check Engine Light, Gas Cap

From: Curt Coulter (curt@cjnetworking.com)
Date: Tue Jul 03 2001 - 09:47:17 EDT

Last week the check engine light on my y2k QC came on and stayed on. It was
running fine, so I figured a bad sensor or something. I knew about the
loose gas cap issue (if the cap isn't on tightly & sealed, the low pressure
in the tank causes the check engine light), but I discounted that as I
always tighten it firmly.

Took it in today, and the dealer did a smoke test with a smoke generator..
it was indeed the gas cap leaking.. and it was on tight.. heheh.. faulty cap
they say, they replaced it and all is well..

/Curt
Chelsea, MI
y2k QC 4.7 4x4 3.92 5spd slt+ Gibson cat-back