3.9 VS SS S10 (got beat but not far)!!!

From: yllwdkta (yllwdkta@insight.rr.com)
Date: Tue Jul 03 2001 - 15:23:02 EDT

Well I installed my AIT Adjuster last night. Could tell much because it was
really cool last night.

I was on my way to work and a cheby S-10 SS (real SS) was behind me. I went
ahead and floored it because the light was red ahead and I wanted to see how
fast those POS's are. We were next to each other at the light. I should have
given it more gas at the beginning to get a little more ahead but I knew the
road was a little dirty so I went ahead and stayed back. We left together
but I pulled ahead. When I changed to 2nd was when he started to catch-up
(their redline is much higher than ours). from that point on he beat me by
half a truck length. We got to the next light and raced again. The same
thing happened until I missed second gear. I was reving the engine but for
some reason I wasn't going anywhere...oh well. He works two building down
from me so when I passed him he was very nice and put his hand out the
window to wave. That sportsmanship!!! Not to make excuses but I didn't have
my chip in as well as my locker and I do have those slicks but those are a
little unfair on the street. I don't know what he has done but that was a
great performance for my 3.9 V-6!

I thought the SS family was all fast. I guess the S-10 series are slow!
Only 16.1 stock...I had 16.9 a couple of weeks ago and with some new toys i
should be around 16.2 or 16.3.

Tim Althoff
http://www.angelfire.com/oh3/yllw/dkta.html
99 Solar Yellow RC V-6 Manual