Ticking sound

From: SEMIHEMI01@aol.com
Date: Tue Jul 03 2001 - 12:31:21 EDT

HELP,
    I've had a ticking sound in the DAK for months. It ticks at about the
speed of a clock. You can only hear it at idle with all the windows up. If
you raise the rpm by 100 to 200 it stays the same speed. Cannot be heard
outside or under the hood.
    When you turn the key off it stops before the engine stops turning. When
you turn the key on it will tick twice and not again until you crank the
engine. I reached the conclusion it's got to be electrical. Fuel pump or
regulator maybe???? Any ideas out there?????
Bill

SEMIHEMI01@AOL.COM (Bill C.) 2001 QC, 4.7L, KENNE BELL SC'ed, 5spd.
3.55 LSD, Bored & polished TB, 10w-30 MOBIL 1, GIBSON 3" Single