Re: Re: Narowing of wheels

From: Steven T. Ekstrand (cyberlaw@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Jul 03 2001 - 15:04:41 EDT

What kind of wheels are you trying to have narrowed???

I can't imagine anybody on the planet would narrow or widen a cast aluminum
rim. I've only seen Stockton work on steel rims.

To accomplish what you want you would be taking 1 3/4" off the outer rim
half. How wide is the rim now? 8"??? Going to 6 1/4"??? Your truck,
but I'd prefer if we were talking about an S-10, because these bicycle rims
are going to be skanky.

And even if you could do this, and I don't think you can, the cost will be
way up there. What you really want to do is look into getting a rim with
more backspace so that the whole rim moves inboard.