NITRO Parts Stolen

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Tue Jul 03 2001 - 18:36:10 EDT

NITRO PARTS STOLEN

The Chicago Fire Fuel Altered Racing Team would like to ask for your help in
bringing a thief to justice.

Sometime between Saturday night June 2nd and Tuesday morning June 5th,
2001, our race trailer was broken into outside of our shop in Plainfield ,
IL.
Our spare shortblock, a KB Stage 8 hemi complete with rods, pistons, cam,
head
studs and front cover assembly as well as a pair of complete BAE dual plug
fuel cylinder heads w/down nozzle provisions were taken. Also, spare Mallory
ignition parts and blower pulleys and a 10 bolt supercharger manifold are
missing.
We believe it to be somebody we know.

The twist to the story is that nothing else seems to be missing. No tools,
gauges or even the generator were touched. The thieves (We are guessing
more than one. You can’t carry an engine yourself), knew exactly what they
wanted and where it was in the trailer. Nothing was ransacked or damaged,
just
plain gone. The only damage was the door lock that was knocked off and pry
marks around the back door where an attempted first try at an entrance
failed.

While this is not a huge loss in the total scope of life, it is a gigantic
blow to us
personally and to the community of drag racing in general. It is not like
you can
drop a nitro motor in your Camaro and go for a spin.

We, as well as the police, feel it was someone in the drag racing community
and that community is small in comparison to others in life and even smaller
when they are nitro parts. These parts can’t travel very far without being
noticed.

Please help us find these persons and exorcise them from our community and
into a community that lives behind bars. If you have any information
concerning the whereabouts of our property or even if you know of someone
who just acquired some new parts, please contact us any way possible or you
can contact the Will County Illinois Sheriffs Police directly. Information
leading to the arrest and conviction of these persons will be graciously
rewarded. That is a promise from us, The Chicago Fire Fuel Altered Team.

Also, let’s see if this Internet thing can really work. Help us get the word
out and Copy, Paste, Email, Forward etc. this message to other forums,
friends and associates. We always say it’s a small world, let’s see how
small.

Thank you for taking the time to read this note. I am very sorry that I had
to write it.

The Chicago Fire Fuel Altered Team,

Mike Kern: PH: 630.241.2388, email: mike_kern@msn.com Or
mike.kern@victorreinz.com