Re: NEED help bad.

From: Pukeloser@aol.com
Date: Thu Jul 05 2001 - 19:26:20 EDT

I had a similar problem of my own doing but it probably isn't related. I have
an MSD digital 6+ with the MSD HVC coil. The rev limiter got stuck on 2800
rpm and I took the ignition system off to check it out. In the mean time I
drove the truck with just the coil connected to the original ignition. Of
course I failed to realize that the HVC (High Voltage Current) coil needs the
HP igntion system to run properly. It wasn't until several mean backfies
later that my cat was blown to smitherines (hence the reason I have no cat
now) I put the MSD ignition back on and turned off the rev limiter and
haven't had a problem since.

John S

95 cc 318 auto, transgo shift kit, HE stage II TB and intake, HE 1418 cam,
1.6 Roller rockers, MSD digi6+, MSD HVC coil & 8.5 wires, Hp cap + rotor, MP
PCM, DT headers, Gibson exhaust (3" from headers back, no cat), 180 stat,
autolite 3923's, progear DR timing chain, 24# FMS injectors, auburn LSD, 4.10
gears, superior axles, K&N X-stream filter system, MP valve covers