Bad Torque converter?

From: Tom (Silver89) (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Thu Jul 05 2001 - 23:57:30 EDT

Evening folks - - well after my transmission problems with Aamco trans
... I vowed never to go back there again., However I may have to (under
warrenty) What are the symptoms of a soon-to-be-dead torque converter?
The trans was rebuilt about 2500-3000 miles ago... and now theres a
ratteling sound coming from the transmission and the engine RPM dropps
together with an obvious loss of power. its not serious - but I need
this baby highway worthey... and I can't take it out on the road with a
bad trans... It shifts fine and there is no gear noise or anything.
The ratteling noise is consistant with the RMP drop and if you gunthe
engine easy while in park (or other gears) you can hear the ratteling as
the idle dropps.

Tom S.

http://www.SaveChrysler.com

http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine

1989,V6,Auto,8 footer,4x2
1989,V6,Auto,8 footer,4x4 w/snowplow (non-operable)

"Cry HAVOC!... And let slip the dogs of war!"