Re: Flex-a-lite Black Magic fan #150 for sale

From: Charles Smith (Dak99RT@home.net)
Date: Fri Jul 06 2001 - 14:10:17 EDT

Here is another idea. Keep the fan and use a 160 degree thermostat.... or
even a Moroso water restricter. Dan Bennet from the rtml has used these with
his Flex-a-lite fan and runs very cool... as low as 130 in the hot summer
weather. He says he has not had any check engine lights yet. I am going to
try the red Moroso water restricter today with my Perma-Cool 16" electric
fan... got to get the gasket and then it is going in. If you are interested
I can let you know the results. For you it would probably be better to start
with the 160 stat. I am going with the the water restricter because I need
the motor to be as cool as possible to stave of detonation at the track.
Charles Smith
99 RC R/T
360 Magnum
13.64 @ 99 N/A