Re: RE: Shocks...a better type??

From: Steven T. Ekstrand (cyberlaw@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Jul 07 2001 - 14:41:09 EDT

| PRO COMP ES 9000'S!!!! 'NUFF SAID :-) Had 2 Daks, both with them on = 1
| very happy Dak dude! $32 each from 4 Wheel Parts (.com as well, just
| cram the words together)

Agreed. These suckers work great and are priced right. I couldn't believe
the difference driving home after I they installed them (installation was
free that month). I have a stock height 2wd Club cab that I autocross,
haul, and tow with. Huge improvements all around, yet gives a for more
controlled ride. Yes, they actually improved ride comfort, while improving
handling. AMAZING!!!

If I had a the full on Hotchkis setup, I'd probably have gone with their
custom valved Bilsteins. Big bucks, but hardcore handling.

If dollars aren't a concern, I heard Koni just released the a 30 series
shock for Durango's and Dakota's. Gotta be killer expensive. Strange, the
30 series is an oval track race shock. Apparently they decided it would
work well on a street Durango/Dakota. I don't know anybody running it,
but I found out about it when I was talking to Koni about custom shocks for
my autocross 'Cuda.

-STE