Powerslots installed...

From: Quiktruk99@aol.com
Date: Sat Jul 07 2001 - 16:22:03 EDT

Well, I decided to do the Powerslots & pads that I bought from
TruckPerformance.com last winter, so after getting the truck up & the wheels
off, proceeded to remove the calipers and pads. Had to hammer the sh*t out of
the old rotors to break 'em loose, cleaned everything up & painted the
calipers gloss black, only to discover the pads they sent me were too small!
They're the right design, but are about an inch shorter than mine. With no
one around to get a ride from, and with the old pads virtually the same
thickness as the new wrong ones, I just cleaned 'em up & re-installed them.
Initially, the pedal was spongy, but after a few miles of normal driving & a
couple of panic stops, the new rotors are fine. Plus, no more "wobble" as I
come to a red light! Plus, they look great thru the R/T wheels! Too bad about
the pads, but I figure I can go another year with the originals, having only
18k on them. Anyone need a set of Powerslot pads, # D529PP, probably for
either a Gen II or maybe Gen III 4wd? They're useless to me.

Kevin/NJ
99 CC 5.2L 2wd auto (318 R/T )
always addin' more...see my profile
check it out: <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/quiktruk99/DARKDODGE.htm">THE