Starting Problem

From: J. Kaplan (blizzard@gis.net)
Date: Sun Jul 08 2001 - 18:27:43 EDT

Hi,
Well, it's been a while since i've posted on this list and this is not quite
the way I wanted to come back on, however i've got a starting problem with
my truck (1994 Dakota, V6, Auto). When I turn the key to start, all of the
accessories come on as they always did, the battery indicator is in the
normal operating range (I tried jump starting though just in case) but
there's just one problem, the starter never turns. This has happened twice
before and usually I just pushed on the fuses under the brake release and
the truck started up (like it was just a bad connection), but not this time.
I also played around with the electronic control module which I believe has
the starter relay in it somewhere, but nothing's happening.

Any suggestions would be great. If possible, could you please reply to
blizzard@gis.net because I am on the digest version and if I don't get any
ideas that work by tomorrow morning, i'll have to get it towed to a
mechanic.

Thanks very much for any suggestions,
Jared
blizzard@gis.net