RE: Online auction fraud!!! (attn anyone near Clinton, SC)

From: Morris, Pierre (pmorris@fujigreenwood.com)
Date: Sun Jul 08 2001 - 20:15:22 EDT

I live near Clinton...

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Yates [mailto:onebad4x4dak@YAHOO.COM]
Sent: Friday, July 06, 2001 12:19 AM
To: DML
Subject: DML: Online auction fraud!!! (attn anyone near Clinton, SC)

I'm writing to do a bit of whining, but mainly to appeal to
anyone who might be able to help. For my birthday present, my
wife said I could buy a digital camera. After an exhaustive
search I found an awesome Sony on Yahoo Auctions. I ended up
winning (wish now that I hadn't) and sent payment via money
order and I haven't heard from the guy since. I feel like an
idiot. What the hell was I thinking? My only defense is that
I've done the exact same thing with a number of you guys on the
DML and things worked out great (guess I know who to trust now,
huh?). Anyway, my wife (who is in security hear in Las Vegas)
tapped her contacts and tracked this guy down. He lives in
Clinton, SC. Name is Kirk Willis. I'm tempted to give you his
home phone and ask everyone to call him at least once for me.
Guess I'll refrain as I have filed a police report with the PD
in Clinton. They chuckled when I mentioned the name Kirk Willis
as I guess he is the local bad boy; was recently convicted for
possession of stolen property. They said they'd get an
investigator on it tommorrow, but I suppose I don't hold out
much hope. Does anyone happen to live near Clinton, SC? Not
sure what I'd want you to do, but I would like to confirm
somehow that I do indeed have this guy's phone number and
address. My wife actually called him (I was fum'n too much) and
he basically denied that a Kirk Willis had ever lived there but
did admit he knew him when they used to be neighbors. Strange
lie, huh? If you have any other ideas on how I can legally get
back at this guy, please email me direct so as not to clutter up
the list with non-Dak stuff. Minor Dak content--won't be able
to take those awesome digital pics of my Dak now and create a
webpage. :(

JY