Re: RE: stumbling problem. new discovery..... MSD ??? ignition?

From: Marty Galyean (mgalyean@acm.org)
Date: Sun Jul 08 2001 - 21:29:05 EDT

I'm trying to figure out if an open in the secondary of the coil might
cause arcing like that. Seems like it might since an open secondary
does not have a path to return it seems like it might arc to complete
the circuit. Especially at those voltages. Its been awhile, but can't
a coil be ohm'd out with a meter to detect an open? I know its more
complicated to find a short but I think an open is a go/no-go resistance
check.

Marty