RE: Re: RE: "Advanced" question for the experts

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Mon Jul 09 2001 - 01:11:11 EDT

So he ran a 14.4 "Bone Stock" and a 14.2 with all the mods??? Something
else is wrong here...and he's got all the "good stuff" in there but
nothing to help is "breathe" better. (Hint hint...Throttle Body). ;)

I normally don't trust the O2 sensor voltages for A/F since their not a
Wide-Band. Dyno testing for the A/F is normally the best route. (Same
thing goes for A/F meters...stick a separate O2 sensor in the exhaust
for them.)

On the timing issue, again...we can thank Dodge for that screw-up. Some
run really aggressive and others...well...you've seen it on your buddies
truck.

Other neat little trick: Reset the PCM and then drive like a granny
with the A/C in the ON position for about 100-200 miles. Then...take it
to the track, turn the A/C off and you'll notice a BIG improvement in
overall performance (and not just because the A/C is off.) The Computer
thinks it's under a slight load at all times and readjusts the long-term
for it.

- Bernd