Re: DML BBQ

From: andy levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jul 09 2001 - 11:39:57 EDT

--- jbleazard@home.com wrote:
> Our Dak ran just fine the whole way home. No more sign of that
> pesky check engine light. I looked up code 51, and it's related to
> the
> O2 sensor: signal stays low (lean). I think Rick's theory of getting
> some water in to the contacts is correct.

Good to hear everything was smooth on the way home. You may want to
replace the O2 sensor just to be safe. Can they recover fully from
that kind of thing?

> Either that, or it didn't like me idling the whole way down the hill.
> Both times I saw it were during descents, and I always just pick a
> nice
> low gear and let it idle down the hill, with engine compression
> keeping the speed under control. I've also noticed it has a tendency
> to stall when I come to a stop after I've been doing this. Maybe I
> should use a bit of gas to keep the engine happy?

I didn't have any trouble with idling, but then we've got pretty
different trucks (there's that OBD-I vs. OBD-II thing again!). I spent
a lot of time with the engine just idling and pulling me along.

> Hey, would anyone be up for a fall run this year? We didn't get
> much of a turnout for "Daktoberfest" last year... any interest in
> trying it again?

Oh...I suppose :) When was Daktoberfest last year? I don't recall why
I didn't go, but it must have been for a pretty good reason. As long
as I have enough advance warning and it's not the weekend of Lebanon
Valley, I'm game! Maybe I can get Jake to bring the Land Cruiser for
that one.

=====
-andy