Re: DML BBQ

From: jbleazard@home.com
Date: Mon Jul 09 2001 - 10:02:27 EDT

I just thought I should chime in with everyone else and thank Jon for
putting on the BBQ again this year. I think everything I wanted to
talk about from the weekend has already been covered. Guess that's
what I get for going to bed early :-).

Our Dak ran just fine the whole way home. No more sign of that
pesky check engine light. I looked up code 51, and it's related to the
O2 sensor: signal stays low (lean). I think Rick's theory of getting
some water in to the contacts is correct.

Either that, or it didn't like me idling the whole way down the hill.
Both times I saw it were during descents, and I always just pick a nice
low gear and let it idle down the hill, with engine compression
keeping the speed under control. I've also noticed it has a tendency
to stall when I come to a stop after I've been doing this. Maybe I
should use a bit of gas to keep the engine happy?

I think I'm going to make a copy of the PCM codes and keep them
in the glove box from now on. After this weekend I realized that
it's good to have those in the truck.

Anyway, enough babbling... thanks again, Jon, and to everyone else
who made it out and made it another great BBQ!

Hey, would anyone be up for a fall run this year? We didn't get
much of a turnout for "Daktoberfest" last year... any interest in
trying it again?

Jason Bleazard http://www.bleazard.net Toronto, Ontario
his: '95 Dakota Sport 4x4, 3.9 V6, 5spd, Reg. Cab, white