Differential now has new bearings.(Kind of long)

From: ptare99@yahoo.com
Date: Mon Jul 09 2001 - 16:24:48 EDT

Like many of you in the past, I heard the telltale gear whine of a bad differential or one going bad. So I brought my 97 Dakota in to one of the local Dodge dealers and had them take a look at it. I have 3.92 gears and Dodge's limit spin diff. Sure enough, all the bearings in the differential were worn and needed replacement. Good thing I had extended warranty coverage!
They gave me an itemized list of what was replaced.
Here it goes:
6028041 nut-pinion yoke,
2070316 bearing-drive pinion,
2070317 cup-drive pinion bearing,
2800484 bearing-drive pinion,
2800485 bearing drive pinion,
3507575 spacer-drive pinion bearing
2each 1790541 differential bearing
2each 3723569 cup bearing
2each 4874469 lubricant
5013477AA sealant
parts wash(?)
52070427AB 2 each seals-axle drive shaft
52067595 seal-drive pinion
4318060AB lubricant.

They took care of my car rental fees which were $130.00 and I paid the $100 deductable.

Lets hope they fixed everything the way it should be. I hear no more whine from the diff. so I'm happy now. :)
         (__) ,---------. NOTE: The preceding message was sent via Jaek and
         (oo) | :\/: _ _ \ Jon's WWW mail cow gateway. That is to say, the
  /-------\/_/ : :: :: : ) person who sent this message could in fact be an
 / | MAIL|| \_ ' '`-'`-'/ anonymous prankster. Even though this message was
* ||"" || \__________/ mailed to you from the cs.fredonia.edu domain, it
   ^^ ^^ could have been generated by anyone in the world.
Please keep this in mind. Thank you! --Jaek (smit2204) and -Jon- (stei0302)