Dodge vs. Chevy and Ford

From: Shane (semj1@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Jul 11 2001 - 18:13:10 EDT

I was wondering if any of you know if Dodge is going to do anything about
the barrage of Ford Super Duties and Chevy HD that are showing up on the
streets, especially here in Northern Jersey. Ford and Chevy offer their
350/3500 series trucks in Dually, club, crew cabs while Dodge offers the
3500 only in the dually and extend cab dually. Dodge is still using the
six-cylinder diesel while the others are using eights. I am not sure about
the power stroke diesel but I have heard that the new Chevy diesels are
stronger and quieter than any other diesel. I also have heard that it has a
lot of power. I see more and more of the dodges sitting on the Ford/Chevy
used car lots than i do the Chevy/Fords on the dodge used car lots. I feel
that Dodge has to take a step back and look at what its competitors are
doing and revamp there thinking.
        Don't get me wrong I am and always will be a die hard Dodge fan, but as far
as driving down the street and knowing that I have the best, most powerful
or the fastest truck on the street. I may not be able to do that until
Dodges 4.7 is better and more powerful than Toyotas 4.7. That Dodge ram
1500/2500 is bar none better thane ford/Chevy model trucks. Please tell me
Dodge has something in the works other than decreasing engine displacement.
I would like to hear that horsepower and torque is increased at lower RPMs.

Shane