Re: Dodge vs. Chevy and Ford attn: Shane

From: dakotaviper (dakotaviper@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jul 11 2001 - 18:39:15 EDT

While yes the Chevy diesel is far stronger in
horsepower, Cummins' Turbo Diesel in the Ram has far
more torque than any of the others combined. In my
area of Indiana; All of the farmers here have at least
1 or 2 Dodge duallys. Plus, if the Dodge has a fifth
wheel hitch; it can move trailers in most freight
yards with ease. The Chevys and Fords cannot. But,
as for your question of if Dodge is coming up with
something better; YES! Since I live in the area of
Cummins World Headquarters (Columbus, Indiana) and
their largest manufacturing plants; I have more
knowledge than some of the others. Cummins is working
on a replacement of the inline-6. It will still be a
six, but with better reliability. How do I know?
Well my company will probably be making the cast iron
block.

Steven "dakotaviper" Beverly