RE: Re: stock fan removal

From: Shawn Bowen (Shawn@bowen.com)
Date: Wed Jul 11 2001 - 23:31:24 EDT

Not on all Dak's, my 98 5.2L cc 4x4 is normal lefty loosey threads. It
varies among models and years. I used channel locks to grab the big nut, I
loosend two of the small bolts very slightly on the pulley it's self to put
a heavy duty screw driver UNDER one bolt and OVER the other bolt to give me
some leverage, then I used a 2" jack bar that was hollow and put it over the
channel locks, turned it left as I held the screw driver firm and it poped
loose. The nut is on there tight as shit! Be carefull with the pulley
bolts so that you don't bend or break them. This worked for me.

Shawn
98 5.2L 4x4 CC Blown