Re: Gen III Front License Plate Holder

From: andy levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jul 12 2001 - 11:37:18 EDT

Yep, they're just wood screws. Pretty sloppy setup, IMO. At last
year's BBQ someone suggested I pull it off before hitting the trail;
between last year and this year, that saved my fascia unknown times. I
still haven't put mine back on and am thinking about not doing it till
after Carlisle, though it does leave those holes.

--- Ron1062473@aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 7/12/01 9:22:09 AM Central Daylight Time,
> adakota4x4@hotmail.com writes:
>
> << Were there pre-drilled holes to install it in?
> >>
> I have a '98 and my father has a '01 and on both of them the front
> license
> plate holder was just screwed in with (wood?) screws. And on both of
> the we
> managed to strip out the screws. On my dads it (license) is still
> hanging on
> (2 of 4 screws left) but looks like crap. On mine it came totally off
> and I
> have been to lazy to fix it.
> I live in Minnesota and took mine of with snow banks.
> Ron

=====
-andy