Re: Rhino-Liner

From: Woodruff, Jason P (Jason.Woodruff@West.Boeing.com)
Date: Thu Jul 12 2001 - 15:15:15 EDT

Well I'm sure the Rhino is a very tuff liner (I plan to buy it some day
too). But Chlorine is very nasty stuff. It probably reacted to the rubber
in the liner and changed it's compound a little so it swells or changes
color. This could go away with time and drying, but I wouldn't count on it.
I'd do just what the Rhino people said, let it get good and dry then check
if it's still swelling/color changing where the chlorine was. If it is, I'd
cut out and replace all the affected area.

No I've never heard of this, but then again your the first hazards chemical
spill on a liner I've heard of too. Ever see the bed of a pool maintenance
truck. They can be very new and extremely rusty due to the chemicals.

Jay W
4.7L Auto Sport+ C.C. 2wd Black
Mods Profile page at
http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/Re5X8z5la@Ix2/profile.htm