True Duals/Loss of HP/O2 Location/Pipe Configuration

From: Mark Kuzia (flyboy01@mediaone.net)
Date: Thu Jul 12 2001 - 22:53:48 EDT

I think I have the problem figured out. I lost a lot of sleep over this, I
talked to the shop that did the exhaust again this morning and we determined
that the H-pipe would not be a good location for the O2 sensor since it
would be too far away (as Shane said).

I went back and looked at my dyno graphs where I had them check the A/F
ratio and it was already a little lean on the top end (14.8:1 from 4000+
rpm) with the 24# injectors. If I did increase the airflow through the whole
system, then it makes sense that I am running way leaner now. I have a set
of 30# injectors I will try tomorrow and see what happens. Coincidentally, I
used to run the 30# before I did the build up. I have obviously run beyond
what the 24's are capable of, I was aware of this before I switched the
exhaust. I think that the O2 sensor should not have anything to do with the
A/F ratio at WOT.

If I can get off work early tomorrow, I will try to get to Milan Dragway to
test out these theories.

Mark Kuzia
flyboy01@mediaone.net
http://people.mw.mediaone.net/flyboy01/home.html
1995 Dakota 13.79 @ 102.45 mph
~360ci, 5-spd, 4.11 LS (8 3/4 [3.90 SG] coming soon)
1994 Dakota 15.36 @ 91.56 mph
~318ci, 5-spd, 3.90 LS (bone stock, no mods)