Re: Re: Mufflers and Cats in da cradle Attn: Bob Tom

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Thu Jul 12 2001 - 23:46:41 EDT

At 04:37 PM 7/12/01 -0700, you wrote:
>Thanks for the feedback Bob.
>I guess all dual rear exits come with a 2 1/2 in. pipe or am I wrong?

I haven't kept on top of latest developments but I believe this is the case.

>I have a 97, CC Dak 318, 5 speed and was thinking of a 3 in. catback
>(no mods yet except for a K&N FIPK), single side swept exhaust.
>In your opinion would this be a good choice? I also live in Canada (BC),
>and winters are unforgiving to our exhaust systems as we both know.
>Thanks Jay

I would tend to go no larger than the 2 1/2" unless you are planning
on doing mods to the intake manifold, tb, cam, heads and add headers
in the future.

If future mods are not on tap and you're pretty satisfy with
the performance of the stock exhaust, then stay with that size
and go for the sound that you like.

If my exhaust ever needs replacing, I would probably go with the
single 3" but bear in mind that I have about 295 hp at the crank
(231 rwhp) and look to enhance strip performance rather than
street performance.

Sorry for the delayed reply. Just got back from the Ticats (26)
Lions (5) game.

HTH, Bob.