Brake Saga Continues!

From: William H. Hiatt III (william@hiatt.net)
Date: Sun Jul 15 2001 - 03:38:28 EDT

Well. My ongoing saga continues.

After my car sits for 30minutes to 1hour, the pedal will fall to the floor
when you start it up. After driving for 30 seconds, the pedal is fairly
firm. When I go to stomp on the pedal, (as in an emergancy stop) the pedal
goes really low, almost to the floor. I have 4 wheel ABS, and the ABS
doesn't seem to engage correctly.

I took my car to my local idiot dealer. Replaced master cylinder and bled
the brakes Didn't fix the problem at all. Took it back to them, "YOu have
modified rotors/pads" and you're front brakes aren't grabbing."

So now, the pedal seems to go 3/4 of the way before they even grab. Took it
to mighty ol' Fullerton Dodge.

Fullerton Dodge replaced the Front Calipers, and Left rear wheel cylinder.
Get the car back, stops MUCH MUCH better. BUT, I'm now back to my original
pedal problems. And, driving about 60MPH, and just smashing the brakes, you
stop well, but ABS doesn't kick in until the end.

Any ideas? Could there still be air in the lines? If the master cylinder,
ABS, or Combination Valve wasn't bled properly? Any ideas?!?!

Thanks
william

P.S. I'm taking it back to Fullerton Dodge on Monday. I highly recommend
them though. They even relocated my rear brake line from hitting my exhaust
(Beacuse of Hotchkis)