Re: Aft O2 'simulator'

From: chris@slowcar.net
Date: Sun Jul 15 2001 - 14:41:44 EDT

   A simple resistor will not work - the post-cat O2,
as you surmise, is just there to check that the cat is
working properly. If the computer doesn't get a reading
which corresponds properly to the pre cat O2, within
a certain boundary, it will still set a code

   Also the post-cat sensor can have a small effect on A/F
ratio. As the computer detects the cat degrading it will
alter the a/f mixture slightly to try and prevent clogging of
the cat.

   What you really need is an "o2 simulator" - it sounds
like this is already been covered in the mentioned
"KatBox" - what I am assuming this is.

Chris Bennight
http://www.slowcar.net
http://charger.slowcar.net