2in Body Lift

From: Shawn Englehart (englehart@Sympatico.ca)
Date: Mon Jul 16 2001 - 02:00:19 EDT

I almost have the body lift finished. I remember someone saying there
was a replacement shifter from a ram I think. What would be the easiest
way to extent the shifters in a 96 CC 4X4. I find the 4WD shifter is to
short now and the manual gear shifter could be a bit longer, right now
am having a problem in forth, the boot knocks it back to neutral unless
I hold it until the clutch is release.

The install went well for the most part, one seized body mount. readjust
a crooked front bumper and finding to much rust in hidden places. The
front bumper plated had little holes almost exactly 2 inches up so it
made things easier there and the side braces extend enough to bolt in.
I use a Performance Accessories 2in kit. The instructions were clear
for the most part except for the lengthening of a linkage, for my truck
it was not necessary for the clutch since they have gone to a hydraulic
clutch by 96, this was not mentioned in the instructions and was
confusing to read through the different models, I thought it was a
steering linkage at first. I have not done the rear bumper yet., next
week or at least this year I hope.

The lift went in, in the front yard with mostly simply tools, a bottle
jack and an electric impact gun and mostly been a one man job, easier if
there were two in places like the bumpers, running boards and seized
body bolts.

--

Shawn Englehart return email: englehart@sympatico.ca www.geocities.com/englehrt http://www.dakota-truck.net/profiles/dakota/Yfz3JVR3VIJnE/profile.htm