Re: RE: Truck started!! Wahooooo!!! have ?'s though

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jul 17 2001 - 00:22:07 EDT

Hey, this same thing very recently happened to my truck. Had a msd digital
6 with a blaster 2 coil. I just changed out cap, rotor, plugs, and got a
new coil wire then I fire it up. It idles fine, but give it a couple revs
and it back fires and stumbled like crazy.

Here's the problem with mine. Voltage was going out of the blaster 2 coil
where your coil wire's boot is and "leaked" down the side of the blaster 2
and hit the ground post. I found it because I heard a "pzippp" kinda
electrical short coming from the hood, so I opened it up, and whoola,
Blaster 2 coil.

It did it even worse when I put the truck in drive and set the parking brake
all the way down. I parked it on a very steep incline so if the brakes gave
up, the truck still wouldn't plow itself up the hill and run me over.
-Chuong

<<
The truck idles fine and will do quick revs fine, but if I try to hold it at
a consistent RPM (like 2000 or 2400, or whatever) it backfires through the
exhaust like a maniac. All the wires are routed correctly and the MSD
digital
6+ and coil seem to be operating just fine..

Any help here would be great.