Re: RE: Carlisle classes & judging (My 2 cents)

From: miggitymike (miggitymike@fast4x4.net)
Date: Tue Jul 17 2001 - 03:18:05 EDT

>>6) Again, I don't want to come off sounding like an asshole....the yellow
truck
was a nice clean truck and so was Peters, but I just couldn't see either one
of
them beating
mine or some of the others in the Y4 class. I must be missing something
bigtime.<<

There's always a certain amount of "Hey, wait a minute" when you get beat in
a show by a truck with fewer mods, or a truck that road in on a trailer.
IMHO, trailer trucks suck. Why build it if you can't drive it? Some people
take these shows VERY seriously. On some other mailing lists I used to be a
member of, some of theses guys would seriously go off if they got "beat" by
a daily driven truck, and vice versa for guys who got beat by a trailered
truck. FWIW, number of man hours, creativity, and uniqueness should
constitute who wins what, not cheesy hose covers, running boards and fender
flares. On no way should a bolt-on wonder-truck even compare to something
that had some serious work done to it.....
I could talk about this for hours, but I won't =) I'll spare ya'll =)

-miggity