RE: Carlisle classes & judging (My 2 cents)

From: bob (bnich@bellatlantic.net)
Date: Mon Jul 16 2001 - 21:17:35 EDT

I didn't want to get into this, and make it seem like sour grapes, but I need to
support Chuck and the other guys views.
1) We shouldn't have been up on the hill alone....I'm sure that more folks would
have come by and voted if we were in the main show area.
2) I noticed that alot of participants still had blank vote sheets in there
trucks and didn't vote.....that's not right...if you enter you need to vote.
3) Participants entered into the wrong class. Two guys I talked to did it on
purpose with the hopes of taking a trophy........Not only are the participants
wrong, but
the Carlsile folks did not take the lead on this issue.
4) The guy with the tricked out Ram who took best of show had no business
competing against daily drivers....again this is not the participants fault
alone.....
there should have been a class for trailered trucks and cars vs daily drivers.
Don't get me wrong......I loved the truck, the amount of hours and the
workmanship
was second to none.....but it should have been in a trailed class.
5) I agree with the rest of you guys on the class break outs

6) Again, I don't want to come off sounding like an asshole....the yellow truck
was a nice clean truck and so was Peters, but I just couldn't see either one of
them beating
mine or some of the others in the Y4 class. I must be missing something bigtime.

I've been to enough shows now that I know if the show was judged by judges not
friends of the participants....thee would have been a different outcome.

I did have a great time however.....meeting you guys were great.

Nomex suit is zipped up tight :o)

Regards,
Bob

--
Lowered 1998 Metallic Red Extended Cab
Western Chassis 2/4" Drop, Gibson Cat Back, Lund Roll Pan, Lund Wiper Cowl

Stillen Bumper Cover, Sony CDX-7850, Three sets of Infinity Kappa's, Three MTX 275x's, MTX Thunderform with 10" 7000's and a MTX 2130 Visit my Dak at http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/factory/7995 New Pictures "by Chuck" at http://www.intense99dak.com/bob.htm